(A Year-long Celebration)
Happy 125th Birth Anniversary of B.R.Ambedkar
The whole world celebrated “World Knowledge Day” to commemorate 125th Birth-Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. Dr. Ambedkar emphasised on liberty, equality, and fraternity in society. He fought against caste and injustice because he found that there were no human rights for a large majority of the people. He rebelled against such a social organization. He wanted to vitalize the masses in India, for equal human rights. For removing the social, economic, political and religious disabilities of the untouchables, it was necessary to establish Government of the people, for the people and by the people. Only under a democratic system of government could social economic, political and religious freedom he ensured equally to every man and woman. His ultimate aim of life was to create a “real social democracy”. So, to commemorate 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Department of Philosophy, PGGCG-11, Chandigarh , Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS) and Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa (Kurukshetra) took following initiatives in the whole year:
A. Event Website: 01
· Wordpress: Dr. B.R.Amebedkar: The Maker of Modern India (Celebrating 125th Birth Anniversary) : https://drambedkar125.wordpress.com
· Facebook: Celebrating 125th Anniversary of Dr. B.R.Ambedkar (The Maker of Modern India): https://www.facebook.com/events/853897954726524/
B. Programme Organised: 02
· A Lecture on “Social Philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar” organised on “World Philosophy Day-2015” at Departments of Philosophy & Hindi, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 19-11-2015.
· RUSA Sponsored One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society”organised by Department of Philosophy and Department of Public Administration, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 20th January, 2016. Report Link: https://drambedkar125.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/report-onone-day-faculty-development-programme-on-dr-b-r-ambedkar-indian-constitution-and-indian-society/
· An Online National Level Essay Competition for Students on the theme “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India” at Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), MSES (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) held on 19-11-2015 (World Philosophy Day). Link: https://drambedkar125.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/schedule-for-the-national-level-essay-writing-competition/
· Lecture Series-VII: Ambedkarism: Theory and Values. Link: https://cppispublications.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/lecture-series-vii-ambedkarism-theory-and-values/ (11th April, 2016)
· Book: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India”. Link https://cppispublications.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/lecture-series-vii-ambedkarism-theory-and-values/ (14th April, 2016)
· Special Issue on Philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar of Milestone Education Review (10th May 2016)
· Proceedings of One-Day Faculty Development Programme on ‘Dr. B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society’ (June, 2016)
· World Philosophy Day-2015 (The Positive Philosophy Society). Link: https://cppispublications.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/world-philosophy-day-2015-to-be-released/
· The Role of Religious and Spiritual Values in Shaping Humanity ( A Study of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Religious Philosophy) in 3rd International Dharma-Dhamma Conference on Harmony of Religions: Welfare of Humankind, held on 24-26 October, 2015 at Indore (MP).
· RUSA Sponsored One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society”organised by Department of Philosophy and Department of Public Administration, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 20th January, 2016.
· “Empowerment of Marginalized Groups: An Ambedkarite Approach” in Two Days ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on “Human Rights for the Empowerment of Marginalized Communities in India: Understanding and Rethinking Strategy” at Department of Philosophy, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-42, Chandigarh held on 11th & 12th March, 2016.
All the above, initiatives successful was due to your co-operation and blessings. Hope in future too, we will be guided and motivated by your sincerely dedication towards academics and social responsibility.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
13th April, 2016