Department of Philosophy and Post Graduate Department of Public Administration of PGGCG-11,Chandigarh organised an One-Day Faculty Development Programme under RUSA on the theme “Dr, B.R. Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society” on 20th January, 2016. Several aspects of the philosophy of Dr. Ambedkar were discussed in the three sessions. More than 100 participants from Chandigarh and nearby states participated in the seminar. Dr. Ganga Sahay Meena from JNU, New Delhi was the key-note speaker. Dr. Lallan Singh Baghel, Chairperson, Deptt. of Philosophy, Panjab University, Chandigarh was the Chairperson for the inaugural session. The first session on “Socio-Political Philosophy of Dr. Ambedkar” chaired by Dr. Ashutosh Angiras from S.D. college ,Ambala Cantt. The second session under the theme “Dr, B.R. Ambedkar and Women Empowerment “was chaired by Dr. Emannuel Nahar, from Ambedkar Study Centre, Panjab University. Professor Binoo Dogra, Dean and Dr. Rama Arora, Vice Principal were also present on the occasion. Ms. Shashi Joshi proposed a vote of thanks. The programme was successful due to its vastness of content and deliberations by the resource persons and participants.
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Saturday, January 2, 2016
A Three-Day Philosophy Teachers' Meet of North-Western Zone sponsored by ICPR, New Delhi organized by the Department of Guru Nanak Studies, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar on 29th to 31st Dec. 2015 with the theme "The Crisis of Multiple Identities in Contemporary World". Several eminent scholars like Prof. Satya Pal Gautam, Prof. Mahendra Pratap Singh, Prof. Sebastain Velassery, Prof. Hamididiullah Mirazi, Prof. V.N. Sheshagiri, Prof. Md. Sirajul Islam, Prof. Rajiv Ranjan, Prof. Geeta Manaktala, Prof. N. Muthumohan, Prof. Jodh Singh, Prof. Blkar Singh, Dr. Shivani Sharma. Prof. Balwant Singh Dhillon, Prof. Himat Singh, Dr. Alok Tondon, Dr. Kumar Neeraj Sachdev, Prof. Jaswinder Kaur Dhillon etc. acted as resource persons in several technical sessions. Philosophy Teachers from Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Rajasthan, U.P., Kashmir participated in this programme and shared their views in three panel discussions.
I got the opportunity to share my ideas on, “Identity Crisis: Religious Identity, Identity Politics and Social Justice. You can find the abstract of the same on given link:
I found it as an opportunity to introduce about our initiatives for the cause of philosophy in India via our online pages, research journals and book publication. A cultural program also organized by the students. Thanks to Prof. Shashi Bala , Coordinator and ICPR, New Delhi for providing us this opportunity.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
2nd January, 2016
Thursday, December 31, 2015
CPPIS Annual Report-2015
Greetings from CPPIS, Pehowa (Kurukshetra)
Happy New Year-2016
Here is our annual report for the year 2015:
· The Religious-Philosophical Dimensions edited by Merina Islam, CPPIS, Pehowa in 2015 (ISBN: 978-81-922377-5-6).
· 69वें भारतीय स्वतन्त्रता दिवस-2015 की हार्दिक शुभकामनायें
· भारत रत्न डॉ भीमराव अम्बेडकर जी के जन्मदिवस पर विशेष-2015
· अंतर्राष्ट्रीय महिला दिवस पर हार्दिक बधाई
· गांधी बनाम गोडसे बनाम लोकतंत्र
- The above short articles available at: http://msesaim.wordpress.com/
· An Online National Level Essay Competition for Students on the theme “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India” at Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), MSES (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) held on 19-11-2015 (World Philosophy Day).
ü “शैक्षिक ज्योति सावित्रीबाई फुले जन्मदिन समारोह” भगवान वाल्मीकि छात्रावास, कुरुक्षेत्र, जनवरी 03, 2015.
ü “महात्मा ज्योतिबा फुले और डॉ आंबेडकर का जन्मदिवस”, वाल्मीकि आंबेडकर शिक्षा प्रसार समिति, मांडी April 11, 2015.
Online Pages Developed:01
· Dr. B.R. Ambedkar:The Maker of Modern India
· Happy Teachers’ Day 2015 -The Positive Philosophy Society
· Happy Teachers’ Day- CPPIS, Pehowa
· Word Philosophy Day-2015
· Lokayata Vol.IV,No.01 (March 2015) edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
· Lokayata Vol.IV,No.02 (Sept 2015) edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
· Milestone Education Review Year 06, No. 01 edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
Videos uploaded: 05
· Birth Anniversary Celebration of Savitribai Phule: Jan 07, 2015
· Academic Programmes (2010-2014) Department of Philosophy, PGGCG-11, Chd: Jan 08,2015
· Student Activities (2010-2014) Department of Philosophy, PGGCG-11, Chandigarh: Jan 09,2015
· Sweet Memories of Milestone Education Society (2006-2011): Jan 14,2015
· Nomination of Prof. Sohan Raj Tater for “Padam Shri Award”: Jan 17,2015
Videos can be watch at: https://www.youtube.com/user/cppismedia
Followers & Stats:
We have more than 800 followers and increasing views of different pages.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
31st December 2015
Visit us at:
Saturday, December 26, 2015
Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS)
Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa (Kurukshetra)
Call for an Edited Book
Reference No.: CPPIS/15/015
Date: 26th December 2015
Dr. B. R. Ambedkar is one of the most eminent intellectual figures of modern India. The present year educationist and humanist from all over the world are celebrating 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar by organizing various events and programmes. In this regard the Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa (Kurukshetra) took an initiative to publish an online book with ISBN. We encourage the academics, activists, students, research scholars, public information officers, journalists, civil society members and others interested in sharing their experiences or writing their thoughts and or taking their look or giving their perspective on the philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar and contribute a chapter/paper to the proposed edited book.
Title: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India
Proposed Themes: Research papers are invited on the below listed sub-themes of the seminar or any other related topics:
- B. R. Ambedkar’s Philosophy and its Future Vision
- B. R. Ambedkar’s thoughts on Indian National Spirit
- B.R. Ambedkar and Indian Society
- B.R. Ambedkar and His Political Philosophy
- B.R. Ambedkar and His Social Philosophy
- B.R. Ambedkar and His Moral Philosophy
- B.R. Ambedkar and His Educational Philosophy
- B. R. Ambedkar’s thoughts on Social Reforms & Justice
- B.R. Ambedkar on Freedom, Equality and Fraternity in Present Context
- B.R. Ambedkar and Indian Economy
- B.R. Ambedkar and Women Empowerment
- B.R. Ambedkar on Indian Democracy
- B.R. Ambedkar and India’s Freedom Struggle
- Any other relevant topic related to main theme.
Format of Paper Submission:
Research papers are invited from faculty members and research scholars on the thrust areas of the seminar or any other related topic as per the suggested format here. The paper should be typewritten preferably in Times New Roman in 12 font size (English) or Kruti Dev (10) in 14 font size (Hindi) single spacing in MS-Word format and between 2500 to 3000 words. Name, Designation and Contact details of the authors should be accompanied with the paper on a separate sheet.
- The authors should submit the hard copy along with a CD and a certificate of originality of the paper to be sent to the given address.
- For more details visit CPPIS Manual in download section at http://positivephilosophy.webs.com
Full Paper submission: 31st January, 2016.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, (Coordinator CPPIS)
Near Guga Maidi, House No. 255/6,
Balmiki Basti, Pehowa (Kurukshetra)-136128
Email: email@example.com , Mobile No. 09896848775
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Release of “The Religious-Philosophical Dimensions”
The new book “The Religious-Philosophical Dimensions” edited by Dr. Merina Islam was released at “ Des Haryana Book Stall in Geeta Jayanti Mahotasava, Kurukshetra on 20th December, 2015 by Prof. Subhash Chander, Professor, Department of Hindi, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. Prof. Subhash Chander and Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal shared their views. This book contains 15 research papers of 2nd Online Session of SPPIS Haryana on “The Development of Philosophy in India” held in June 2014 and it is published by Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS) Pehowa (Kurukshetra). In this event several academic, non-academic scholars were present.