Saturday, August 6, 2016
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
(A Year-long Celebration)
Happy 125th Birth Anniversary of B.R.Ambedkar
The whole world celebrated “World Knowledge Day” to commemorate 125th Birth-Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar. Dr. Ambedkar emphasised on liberty, equality, and fraternity in society. He fought against caste and injustice because he found that there were no human rights for a large majority of the people. He rebelled against such a social organization. He wanted to vitalize the masses in India, for equal human rights. For removing the social, economic, political and religious disabilities of the untouchables, it was necessary to establish Government of the people, for the people and by the people. Only under a democratic system of government could social economic, political and religious freedom he ensured equally to every man and woman. His ultimate aim of life was to create a “real social democracy”. So, to commemorate 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Department of Philosophy, PGGCG-11, Chandigarh , Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS) and Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa (Kurukshetra) took following initiatives in the whole year:
A. Event Website: 01
· Wordpress: Dr. B.R.Amebedkar: The Maker of Modern India (Celebrating 125th Birth Anniversary) : https://drambedkar125.wordpress.com
· Facebook: Celebrating 125th Anniversary of Dr. B.R.Ambedkar (The Maker of Modern India): https://www.facebook.com/events/853897954726524/
B. Programme Organised: 02
· A Lecture on “Social Philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar” organised on “World Philosophy Day-2015” at Departments of Philosophy & Hindi, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 19-11-2015.
· RUSA Sponsored One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society”organised by Department of Philosophy and Department of Public Administration, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 20th January, 2016. Report Link: https://drambedkar125.wordpress.com/2016/01/21/report-onone-day-faculty-development-programme-on-dr-b-r-ambedkar-indian-constitution-and-indian-society/
· An Online National Level Essay Competition for Students on the theme “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India” at Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), MSES (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) held on 19-11-2015 (World Philosophy Day). Link: https://drambedkar125.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/schedule-for-the-national-level-essay-writing-competition/
· Lecture Series-VII: Ambedkarism: Theory and Values. Link: https://cppispublications.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/lecture-series-vii-ambedkarism-theory-and-values/ (11th April, 2016)
· Book: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India”. Link https://cppispublications.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/lecture-series-vii-ambedkarism-theory-and-values/ (14th April, 2016)
· Special Issue on Philosophy of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar of Milestone Education Review (10th May 2016)
· Proceedings of One-Day Faculty Development Programme on ‘Dr. B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society’ (June, 2016)
· World Philosophy Day-2015 (The Positive Philosophy Society). Link: https://cppispublications.wordpress.com/2015/11/08/world-philosophy-day-2015-to-be-released/
· The Role of Religious and Spiritual Values in Shaping Humanity ( A Study of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s Religious Philosophy) in 3rd International Dharma-Dhamma Conference on Harmony of Religions: Welfare of Humankind, held on 24-26 October, 2015 at Indore (MP).
· RUSA Sponsored One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr B.R.Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society”organised by Department of Philosophy and Department of Public Administration, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh held on 20th January, 2016.
· “Empowerment of Marginalized Groups: An Ambedkarite Approach” in Two Days ICSSR Sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on “Human Rights for the Empowerment of Marginalized Communities in India: Understanding and Rethinking Strategy” at Department of Philosophy, P.G.Govt. College for Girls, Sector-42, Chandigarh held on 11th & 12th March, 2016.
All the above, initiatives successful was due to your co-operation and blessings. Hope in future too, we will be guided and motivated by your sincerely dedication towards academics and social responsibility.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
13th April, 2016
Monday, April 11, 2016
LOKĀYATA: JOURNAL OF POSITIVE PHILOSOPHY (ISSN :2249-8389) Vol. VI,
No. 01, March, 2016
(Indexed in Philpapers.org, Scribd.com,Academia.edu, Issuu.com,
Researchbib.com and DRJI.org)
Chief-Editor: Desh Raj Sirswal
In this issue..…
Title of the Paper & Author
Discourse on Yogaja Pratyaksha in Vaishesika Philosophy: Soma Chakraborty
The Relationship between The Triguna and Five Factor Model of
Personality: Lakhwinder Singh
The Beginning of the Politics of Human Rights: Pundrik Ojha
Philosophy of Sufism and Islam: Desh Raj Sirswal 34-38
Relevance of Value Education and Character Building in Scheduled Tribes 39-53
Role of Youth Vis-a-Vis Value System: Some Suggestive Measures:
Priyanka Sharma, Ms Poonam Pant
REPORT OF THE PROGRAMME
PHILOSOPHY NEWS IN INDIA
CONTRIBUTORS OF THIS ISSUE
Download Issue to click here:
(Last site update: April 10, 2016)
Thursday, January 21, 2016
Short Report on One-Day Faculty Development Programme on “Dr, B.R. Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society”.
Department of Philosophy and Post Graduate Department of Public Administration of PGGCG-11,Chandigarh organised an One-Day Faculty Development Programme under RUSA on the theme “Dr, B.R. Ambedkar, Indian Constitution and Indian Society” on 20th January, 2016. Several aspects of the philosophy of Dr. Ambedkar were discussed in the three sessions. More than 100 participants from Chandigarh and nearby states participated in the seminar. Dr. Ganga Sahay Meena from JNU, New Delhi was the key-note speaker. Dr. Lallan Singh Baghel, Chairperson, Deptt. of Philosophy, Panjab University, Chandigarh was the Chairperson for the inaugural session. The first session on “Socio-Political Philosophy of Dr. Ambedkar” chaired by Dr. Ashutosh Angiras from S.D. college ,Ambala Cantt. The second session under the theme “Dr, B.R. Ambedkar and Women Empowerment “was chaired by Dr. Emannuel Nahar, from Ambedkar Study Centre, Panjab University. Professor Binoo Dogra, Dean and Dr. Rama Arora, Vice Principal were also present on the occasion. Ms. Shashi Joshi proposed a vote of thanks. The programme was successful due to its vastness of content and deliberations by the resource persons and participants.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
A Three-Day Philosophy Teachers' Meet of North-Western Zone sponsored by ICPR, New Delhi organized by the Department of Guru Nanak Studies, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar on 29th to 31st Dec. 2015 with the theme "The Crisis of Multiple Identities in Contemporary World". Several eminent scholars like Prof. Satya Pal Gautam, Prof. Mahendra Pratap Singh, Prof. Sebastain Velassery, Prof. Hamididiullah Mirazi, Prof. V.N. Sheshagiri, Prof. Md. Sirajul Islam, Prof. Rajiv Ranjan, Prof. Geeta Manaktala, Prof. N. Muthumohan, Prof. Jodh Singh, Prof. Blkar Singh, Dr. Shivani Sharma. Prof. Balwant Singh Dhillon, Prof. Himat Singh, Dr. Alok Tondon, Dr. Kumar Neeraj Sachdev, Prof. Jaswinder Kaur Dhillon etc. acted as resource persons in several technical sessions. Philosophy Teachers from Punjab, Chandigarh, Haryana, Rajasthan, U.P., Kashmir participated in this programme and shared their views in three panel discussions.
I got the opportunity to share my ideas on, “Identity Crisis: Religious Identity, Identity Politics and Social Justice. You can find the abstract of the same on given link:
I found it as an opportunity to introduce about our initiatives for the cause of philosophy in India via our online pages, research journals and book publication. A cultural program also organized by the students. Thanks to Prof. Shashi Bala , Coordinator and ICPR, New Delhi for providing us this opportunity.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
2nd January, 2016
Thursday, December 31, 2015
CPPIS Annual Report-2015
Greetings from CPPIS, Pehowa (Kurukshetra)
Happy New Year-2016
Here is our annual report for the year 2015:
· The Religious-Philosophical Dimensions edited by Merina Islam, CPPIS, Pehowa in 2015 (ISBN: 978-81-922377-5-6).
· 69वें भारतीय स्वतन्त्रता दिवस-2015 की हार्दिक शुभकामनायें
· भारत रत्न डॉ भीमराव अम्बेडकर जी के जन्मदिवस पर विशेष-2015
· अंतर्राष्ट्रीय महिला दिवस पर हार्दिक बधाई
· गांधी बनाम गोडसे बनाम लोकतंत्र
- The above short articles available at: http://msesaim.wordpress.com/
· An Online National Level Essay Competition for Students on the theme “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: The Maker of Modern India” at Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), MSES (Regd.), Pehowa (Kurukshetra) held on 19-11-2015 (World Philosophy Day).
ü “शैक्षिक ज्योति सावित्रीबाई फुले जन्मदिन समारोह” भगवान वाल्मीकि छात्रावास, कुरुक्षेत्र, जनवरी 03, 2015.
ü “महात्मा ज्योतिबा फुले और डॉ आंबेडकर का जन्मदिवस”, वाल्मीकि आंबेडकर शिक्षा प्रसार समिति, मांडी April 11, 2015.
Online Pages Developed:01
· Dr. B.R. Ambedkar:The Maker of Modern India
· Happy Teachers’ Day 2015 -The Positive Philosophy Society
· Happy Teachers’ Day- CPPIS, Pehowa
· Word Philosophy Day-2015
· Lokayata Vol.IV,No.01 (March 2015) edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
· Lokayata Vol.IV,No.02 (Sept 2015) edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
· Milestone Education Review Year 06, No. 01 edited by Desh Raj Sirswal
Videos uploaded: 05
· Birth Anniversary Celebration of Savitribai Phule: Jan 07, 2015
· Academic Programmes (2010-2014) Department of Philosophy, PGGCG-11, Chd: Jan 08,2015
· Student Activities (2010-2014) Department of Philosophy, PGGCG-11, Chandigarh: Jan 09,2015
· Sweet Memories of Milestone Education Society (2006-2011): Jan 14,2015
· Nomination of Prof. Sohan Raj Tater for “Padam Shri Award”: Jan 17,2015
Videos can be watch at: https://www.youtube.com/user/cppismedia
Followers & Stats:
We have more than 800 followers and increasing views of different pages.
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal
31st December 2015
Visit us at: