Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Report on World Philosophy Day Celeberation-2017
Continuing its tradition of “Celebrating World Philosophy Day” every year, the Department of Philosophy and Department of Hindi of P. G. Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh organised an event on 16th November, 2017. Prof. Anita Kaushal, Principal of the college, felicitated the Guest-speaker, Ms. Sahar Gharachorlou, Founder of “Esitas Life Coaching Pvt Ltd.” and “Energy Healing Bliss". Dr. Anita Khosla, Head, Department of Hindi introduced the distinguished speaker to the audience.
The main attraction of the programme was a thought provoking discourse by Ms. Sahar Gharachorlou. In the first stage of her lecture she discussed the philosophy of Louise L. Hay. Louise L. Hay, a metaphysical teacher has always said that she is not a healer, her work is a stepping stone on the pathway to happiness. The distinguished speaker highlighted the salient contribution of Louise L. Hay's philosophy:
- What we give out, we get back.
- What we believe about ourselves and life, becomes true for us. Our thoughts are creative. “If we love and accept ourselves and others unconditionally then we will attract people in our lives who are the same”.
- If you are experiencing difficult relationships and seem to have things working against you, it is because you either treat others this way or on some level believe that this kind of treatment is what you deserve. You may be totally unaware of this belief. Our subconscious thoughts manifest.
- Our thoughts are creative. Thoughts are like drops of water. They accumulate over time. As we continue to think the same thought over and over, it grows.
- We can release the past, and forgive everyone. Forgiveness opens the doorway to love. “Forgiveness is the key to your own release”.
- Holding onto old anger, hurt and upset causes dis-ease within the body. If you do not forgive, YOU remain the victim. Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is ourselves for things we feel we have or have not done.
- Forgive yourself and others, let it go, release the hurt and anger.
- We are worth loving, self-approval and self-acceptance are the keys to positive change. Love is the most powerful healing force there is. I am sure you have heard this before, what you do not hear so often is that the real healing love comes from within.
- Loving the self brings about healing on all levels and in all things. When you love yourself you do not hurt yourself and you will not hurt others. You cannot truly love another if you do not love yourself.
- Just be willing “have an open mind and an open heart”. Just be willing to try some of these things. Even if you cannot accept yourself exactly as you are right now, you can still tell yourself you are willing to try and that will enable your subconscious to work on it.
- In the end of her lecture, she said that don’t search for happiness outside. It’s going to happen within you. We have covered happiness with hate and jealously for others. Be yourself. Never try to be someone else. Live in the moment, celebrate every day and every moment of your life. Create happiness in every small thing. Do not do multitask and concentrate on whatever is more easy to yourself. Happiness is a mental phenomenon, it's a state of mind that one feels light and expanded, the heart is open and joyful. Laughter is a physical expression as a result of a stimulus to the mind. That stimulus can be love, a good sense of humour, feeling good, etc.
A poster entitled, “Buddha on Happiness” was also released on this occasion. This was followed by an Interactive Session and the students discussed various concepts based on the theme of the lecture. Ms. Sahar answered to the satisfaction of the students and appreciated their zeal to learn. About 80 students and faculty members of the college participated in this programme.
Dr. Rama Arora (Dean) graced the function and interacted with the speaker on happiness. Concluding the function, Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal, Head, Department of Philosophy proposed a vote of thanks to the speaker and the audience. He observed that the lecture is a significant step to teach and acquaint students with the key concepts of the philosophy of happiness. The session was very gainful for one and all as it touched not only upon the theoretical dimensions but its application can have a long lasting positive effect on everybody's life.