The Positive Philosophy Society of the Department of Philosophy, P. G. Govt. College for Girls, Sector-11, Chandigarh organized an event on “Teachers’ Day Celebration –cum- Get-Together” on 3rd September, 2015. The details of the function are given below:
- Nidhi Semwal and Ms. Roshni coordinated the function. Ms. Nidhi introduced the Positive Philosophy Society with its objectives and also about the importance of Teachers’ Day celebration. She said this programme is dedicated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam ji. Ms. Arnika Yumnam addressed new students by sharing her experience as well as guides them regarding the college life.
- Two posters on Dr. A.P. J. Abdul Kalam were inaugurated by The Positive Philosophy Society and Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS) respectively. Ms. Kanika Mehta and Ms. Manisha Joshi shared the message of Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam for youth and teachers.
- The following students were selected for the working committee for the session 2015-16: President: Ms. Arnika Yumnam (BA-III), Vice-President: Nidhi Semwal (BA-II), Secretary: Ms. Aanya (BA-I). Associate Members: Ms. Bhanu Priya (BA-I), Ms. Roshni (BA-II), Ms. Sharandeep Kaur (BA-III).
- Shavnam, Ms. Arnika Yumnam, Ms. Manju and Ms. Manisha Joshi honoured for their excellent score in BA. Final, BA Second and BA First Year examinations (2014-2015) respectively.
- An interactive session with new students also held. Students shared their views and performed some entertainment activities, as directed by senior students. Some senior students also performed singing and dancing activities.
- Teacher-Incharge, Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal encouraged students to write and explore their thinking through creative initiatives. He also motivated them for quality learning and better academic engagements.
- On this occasion a welcome party too given to B.A. First year students by senior students. A special thanks to Ms. Nidhi Semwal, Ms. Roshni, Ms. Arnika Yumnam and other students for their valuable efforts and contributions to made this event successful.
Date: 8th September, 2015
(Dr.Desh Raj Sirswal)