SPPIS Newsletter 7thJuly 2011
Greetings from SPPIS, Haryana and welcome new members. Here are some updates:
UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION
BAHADUR SHAH ZAFAR MARG
NEW DELHI – 1100 02
No.F. 2-3/2011/ Policy/SR May, 2011
The University Grants Commission provides financial support to undertake Major and Minor Research Projects to University and College Teachers in the areas of Science (Pure and Applied Science), Engineering and Technology, Medical Science, Pharmacy, Agricultural Science, Humanities and Social Sciences, Arts, Law, Languages and Allied disciplines under the scheme, i.e., “Research Projects for Teachers : Major and Minor”. The Research Project may be undertaken by an individual teacher or a group of teachers besides the Vice Chancellors, Principals, Librarian and Physical Education
Teachers are also eligible to apply under the Scheme. While forwarding the research proposal the
University/College must ensure that adequate research facilities are available in the area of proposal being forwarded. The following are the eligibility criteria for financial support under the scheme:
1. The University Teachers on permanent roster are eligible to apply for Major and Minor Research Projects.
2. The College Teachers on permanent roster are eligible to apply only for Major Research Project.
3. The University Teachers may apply either for Major or Minor Research Projects.
4. The University/College should be covered under section 2(f) and 12 B of UGC Act, 1956.
5. Those teachers from University/Colleges who have availed the funding under the scheme and submitted the final report of the project but have not completed one year as yet, are not eligible to apply under the scheme.
The content of this letter may be brought to the notice of all the affiliated colleges and University departments. The details of the scheme including the format in which the proposal is to be submitted are available on UGC website (www.ugc.ac.in).
The last date for submission of research proposal is 15th June, 2011 (extended upto 15th July,2011)
The Principal, Delhi Colleges
1. Self -financing Universities/Colleges are not eligible to apply under this scheme.
2. Those who are already availing any other scheme of UGC, need not apply.
3. Only those affiliated Colleges of University which are covered under Section
2 (f) & 12 (B) of UGC Act, 1956 are eligible to apply.
Go to : http://www.ugc.ac.in
Dr. Desh Raj Sirswal,
Society for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (SPPIS),Haryana