Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS), Pehowa (Kurukshetra)
Centre for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (CPPIS) Pehowa is a joint academic venture of Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa and Society for Positive Philosophy and Interdisciplinary Studies (SPPIS), Haryana (online) to do fundamental research in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences. Milestone Education Society (Regd.) Pehowa (Kurukshetra) is a non-profit organization and completely an educational and secular institution in nature about all matters. Its main objective is to do organizational and structural work for the educational development and carries out various initiatives that enhance education among all sections of society. It continuously working from 2005 and registered in April 2006.
It is founded by some educational professionals to provide the best environment for study to students and give those appropriate guidelines and feedback for study. Milestones are constructed to reassure travelers that the proper path is being followed, and to indicate either distance traveled or the remaining distance to a destination. For us, Education refers to any act or experience that has a formative effect on the mind, character, or physical ability of an individual. In its technical sense education is the process by which society, through schools, colleges, universities, and other institutions, deliberately transmits its cultural heritage--its accumulated knowledge, values, and skills-from one generation to another. We are inspired by the great educationists and trying to become a milestone for the creative and quality education.
“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.” - James Madison
“If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it.” - Margaret Fuller
OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE
- To study the nature of philosophy, its growing area in India and carry out evaluative research in Interdisciplinary approach to societal problems.
- To provide philosophical and academic initiatives and counseling to the students and teachers of various academic levels.
- To study applied aspects of Ancient Indian wisdom and Indian Cultural Values.
- To study the problems of students, researchers and teachers of philosophy in their academic and professional life.
- To disseminate updated information regarding seminars, workshops, conferences in India related to philosophy and other humanities subjects on a regular basis through a newsletter.
- To organise seminars, lecture-series, workshops on specific topics on emerging and applied areas of philosophy and interdisciplinary studies.
- • To study normative questions related to human and environment, social and political philosophy, philosophy of law, medical ethics etc.
- To do critical and comparative studies of philosophical systems or movements, religions and philosophy of education.
- To develop and start short –term courses like Research Methodology in Philosophy and Applied Logical Reasoning etc for students and professionals.
- To carry out evaluative studies on the various ongoing projects/schemes and other welfare programmes of the Government.
- To develop a Resource centre for the application of philosophy in India and interdisciplinary studies.
- To provide a platform for interaction between students, researchers and subject experts of different subjects through meetings and interaction programmes.
The Centre’s main areas of research are given below:
ü Meta-philosophy or Philosophical Research Methodology
ü Applied Philosophy and Applied Ethics
ü Indian Social & Political Philosophy
ü Indian Psychology and Consciousness Studies
ü Indian Logic & Science
ü Philosophy of Social Change and Social Progress
ü History of Development of Philosophy in India
ü Philosophy of Science and Technology
ü Indian Philosophy of Art & Literature
ü Indian Value System & Philosophy of Education
ü Philosophy of Cognitive Science & Philosophical Psychology
ü Indian Spirituality & Philosophy of Religion
ü Philosophy for Children
ü Philosophy of Social Sciences & Humanities
ü History of World Philosophies
· Research & Publication
· Interactive-Meetings, Seminars and Workshops
· Competitions for Students
· Philosophy News in India (online)
· Online Courses
· Online Research Journal
For detail visit this website: http://positivephilosophy.webs.com/